HIGH QUALITY LIFEPO4 CELLS
There are several types of cells for the composition of the battery. All our batteries (100AH and above) are made of prismatic cells of grade A+, certified by UL1973. Our cell manufacturer is famous for its supply contracts signed with Volkswagen Group, Tesla, BMW and LG.
Among the different cell technologies on the market, our selection is based on the needs of our users here. Thus, our cells represent the best of the best:
- Maximum resistance to humidity, cold and temperature variations.
- Resistance to shock and vibration.
- 6000< cycles at 80% discharge (1C). 3000< cycles at 100% (1C).
- Internal metal purity of 99.99999%.
- Deliver continuous power of 1C and Peak 300A.
- No deformation of the cells during intensive use.
- Ensures that each cell is “matched” for perfect balance
While many lithium batteries look the same physically, it’s important to remember that the engineering inside the battery must be second to none.
At Volthium, we have assembled the best components in the industry into our batteries. Each battery is assembled to last over 15 years in our Canadian environment and climate.
- Protective mold for each cell.
- Adhesive additive on each bolt.
- Fully welded cells.
- Internal heating device (optional).
- Superior gauge wiring and conductor bars.
- Electronic components protected by polymer gel.
- Free access to the BMS offered by our 100AH battery mold.
- Communication port integration (200AH & 300AH)
We also make sure to always provide the best ratio between energy capacity and size.
FULL CONTROL OF THE PRODUCT QUALITY
At Volthium, we have the battery assembled to our specifications. Most competitors rely on a Chinese manufacturer, crossing their fingers for a quality product. Unfortunately, they can’t count on a product that will be reliable and whose design will be standardized over time.
So therein lies the difference. We program the electronics here, and buy each of the materials independently, so we have end-to-end control over the final product.
PRODUCTS MADE-TO-MEASURE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
The products we sell are custom made for our customers’ needs. Here are some examples:
- Since our environment is cold half the year, we have built in cold charge protection systems. This prevents the consumer from accidentally damaging the battery.
- This same protection is in place for extreme heat.
We have also created self-heating batteries to allow for year-round and constant use, regardless of outdoor conditions.
- We created our own proprietary battery mold (Group 24), to give access to the electronics. This comes with a host of economic and ecological benefits, in addition to giving assurance of product longevity.
- We have made the display device waterproof to make it more durable.
- We integrate different communication modules on our batteries.
- Bluetooth: Charge level (%), temperature, ammeter, voltage, number of cycles
- CAN: Directly compatible with the communication of Victron devices (VE.CAN)
- RS485: Other devices, such as Solak devices, Volthium software (windows), or data collection systems
- For the transport part, as most of our roads are worn, we have added internal mechanisms to limit the effects of vibration so that the internal parts always stay in place and tight.
The internal BMS plays a major role in the safety and efficiency of the battery.
Several criteria will define the quality of the BMS:
- Mosfet quality: These are strongly solicited during the charge and discharge, they will accumulate a lot of heat and must therefore be of high quality to be able to withstand temperatures above 100 degrees for peak periods (30sec to 15 min).
- Materials used: We use stainless steel instead of aluminum which will oxidize with time and temperature variations.
- Coating layer on the printed circuit components. At Volthium, 5 layers of polymer cover the printed circuit boards to protect the components from temperature variations and corrosion in case of air leakage.
- Microcontrollers: Texas Instrument provides the processors and microcontrollers on the BMS. If NASA and the US Army trust Texas Instrument, we think we can trust them too.
- Temperature sensor: 2 temperature sensors are located inside the battery for equal temperature control.
- Programming and rules: The quality of the programming and the algorithms are very important for the reliability of the battery. Indeed, temperature management, overcharge / undervoltage protections and cell balancing intelligence contribute to the reliability of the battery.
- Product control: The batteries are programmed here, so Volthium has absolute control over the battery’s behavior.
This ensures that we always deliver the best in innovation and discovery to our customers